Tips To Remember When You Workout:
1. Try not to rest between your exercises sets. Try to be the best conditioned athlete you can be in the gym. I believe you can increase your strength along with your endurance through this method of training. Believe in it and follow it!
2. Always go hard! Challenge yourself each and every day! Intensity is the key to overall success. Be intense and don't settle for nothing less!
3. Always pick challenging weight for each of your exercises. Try to increase your weight if at possible...challenge your body and make it work. An increase in weight will help you get stronger and make your body work harder during your workout. Try to pyramid your weight for each set that you do.
4. One important rule to remember is that even though you want to challenge yourself on your weight, it is not how much you lift but how you lift. One goal is to build a strong foundation that will help you perform better and longer. Your foundation supports all movements, motions, activities, and most importantly it helps prevent injuries. Always make sure you have good form and that you perform each exercise with full range of motion.
5. One way to stay motivated is to set daily goals. This concept not only helps with motivation but it helps you get mentally prepared and strong for anything you attempt. The thought of pushing yourself is one thing, but the most important thought is believing that by pushing yourself you will be successful. Try to challenge yourself with your daily goals and workouts~this will also help you create mental toughness. I believe that with mental toughness~NOTHING can stand in your way. The mind and the body should work as one unit~supporting one another through intense bouts of exercises and/or life.
6. Try to feel the burn and some after that initial burn. Try to challenge yourself physically but also mentally. I believe that both these components work together to create an overall YOU! If you do an exercise and you begin to feel an intense muscle burn~mentally take yourself to the next level and don't stop. Push through and get it done at all costs. Try to incorporate a few challenge rounds in your workout routine. This will help you improve on pushing through.
7. Think of each workout as a practice. It is getting you ready for your big event. Preparing you to be the best you can be. Even if you are not participating in a competitive event, I believe that creating an overall foundation will support you in any activity you do. For example, you want to do yard work (pulling weeds) without any problems or soreness. With a strong foundation, you can pull weeds without any pain and soreness.
8. You must think of yourself as an athlete~this is the bottom line. Be an all-round versatile athlete~strong physically and mentally, conditioned to the extreme, and unstoppable. Remember, the word athlete is what you make it for yourself.
9. Nutrition! I can not stress this enough. You are what you eat and if you are going to perform and be intense, you will need the proper fuel to support this. You must be eating right in order to have the strength and endurance to get through each and every workout with intensity. Always eat breakfast! Eat every 2 to 3 hours. Each meal must consist of a protein, carb, and a fruit/vegetable. Think well-balanced for each meal. If you are not taking care of your eating you will not have the energy to perform at the best of your potential. This in turn will lead to discouragement, fatigue, and a decrease in motivation.
10. Nutrients you get from food sources help with injuries. It also helps injured areas to rebuild and become healthy and strong. Fruits and veggies are filled with lots of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that will help support you and your injuries.
11. Always make sure you eat something after a workout. You have 30 to 45 minutes to get something in your system. This is one of the most important tips you must remember in health and fitness. Think more fast-digesting carbs along with whey protein. Protein smoothie with fruit is a good choice. Your post-workout meal helps you replenish and restore nutrients you lost during your workout. It helps with recovery and helps preserve your lean muscle. Don’t ever skip your post-workout meal. This is one of the most important meals of your day.
12. Have fun! Think of what you are doing, what it takes to get there, and where you will go. Now, think of how fun this journey will be for you. All the things you will learn about yourself along the way and what you will endure with each workout. Smile and have fun with your training! Fitness is fun~it is truly what you make of it.