1. When you wake up in the morning, you have already fasted for 8-12 hours. Your body’s store of glycogen is depleted and you have the ability to burn more fat when glycogen is low.
2. If you eat before cardio, your body will work with what you just ate instead of relying on stored body fat.
3. Eating creates a release of insulin. Insulin gets in the way of the mobilization of body fat. In the morning, less insulin is present, so again, you are using stored body fat for fuel.
4. You are less likely to blow off cardio if you do it right away. When the day is over, you might use the “I am too tired” excuse.
5. Morning cardio gets you going. You will be energized and ready for your day.
If your goal is to decrease your body fat, doing your cardio, first thing in the morning gives you the greatest return for your work. So what are you waiting for...commit to getting up early (say 5a-6a) before work and do some cardio. You will be amazed on how good you will feel throughout your day.