According to the Compendium of Physical Studies, jumping rope for 10 minutes can burn as many calories as jogging at an eight-minute-per-mile pace. Jump rope has been considered the best all-around piece of exercise you can own. Below I have included five reasons why you need to consider making jump rope apart of your daily exercise regimen.
1. Cost-Unlike the treadmill, elliptical, or other cardio machines, jump ropes sell for about $15 . If you buy a good rope it should last for so many years.
2. Portability- You can take your jump rope anywhere and use it indoors and out. If you are traveling it is very light and fits perfectly in your suitcase without taking up so much room.
3. Strength Gain- Jumping builds bone-mineral density and improves total-body power. It is also used by several athletes to improve their balance, coordination, strength, and vertical jump height.
4. Improved Coordination- The jump rope forces you to keep a rhythmic pace and use proper form. It helps create a foundation for other exercises you may include in your exercise regimen...and helps you with more advanced exercises.
5. Fat Loss- Jumping rope involves nearly every muscle. Some people report that it's the only cardio they need to lose fat.
So what are you waiting for...include jumping rope in your daily exercise regimen. It will help you get the results you want. It is convenient, cheap, and it helps make your exercise regimen more efficient. If you have trouble jumping rope...don't give up. The more you practice the BETTER YOU WILL BE.