1. Studies reveal that by developing a strong abdominal section, you'll reduce overall body fat and significantly cut the risk factors associated with heart disease, diabetes, and cancer-including colon, kidney, and breast cancers.
2. Abdominal strength offers protection to the rest of your body. A strong core improves the performance of your other muscles. Remember, the stronger your abs, the stronger you are-and the safer you are.
3. Abdominal fat leads to poor sleep. And we all know what poor sleep does to us overall. You feel sluggish and tired all day, so you turn to quick-energy junk food, which leads to more abdominal fat. Break the cycle and sleep easier by strengthening your midsection.
4. When you are doing any type of activity, your abdominal muscles help stabilize your body during start-and-stop movements. VERY IMPORTANT POINT: If you have weak abdominal muscles, your joints absorb all the force-putting far more pressure on them than they are built to withstand.
5. If you run, bike, golf, or just walk, your essential muscle group isn't your legs or your arms-IT IS YOUR CORE! Developing core strength gives you the power to perform. So if you're weak off your tennis serve, strong abs will improve that.
6. A flat stomach is the hallmark of people in control of their bodies...in control of their health and life. These people become the icons of strength and good health...they are telling the world they are disciplined, motivated, confident, and healthy.
Please be careful on how much alcohol you consume. It is okay to have one or two alcoholic drinks in your week, but there are many ways alcohol can get you into trouble. You must understand that alcohol adds empty calories to your daily eating regimen...these calories are known as empty because they don't actually make you full or decrease the amount of food you will eat. Liquor also makes you store fat, and the following pattern occurs once the alcohol enters your body.
***Your body sees alcohol as a poison and tries to get rid of it. So your liver stops processing all other calories until it has dealt with the alcohol. Anything you eat while you're drinking most likely will end up as fat. YIKES! SO BE CAREFUL...AND BE AWARE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING INSIDE YOUR BODY!